On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 11:58:07 AM UTC-8, Carlos Cesar Caballero
wrote:

> El 04/11/15 a las 14:30, Fabiano Almeida escribió:
>
> Hi!
>
> Web2py can obtain mac address from user?
>
> > Bassicly, the MAC address don't cross the routers, so, you can't get the
mac address of a client from a external network server,
> you only can get the MAC of the last router. You could do some tweak
using ARP, but only if the client and server are in the same subnet.

  Web2py does give you access to the requesting IP.  This my be a NAT'd
value if the client is on an internal network, which is mostly the case.

/dps