Sorry, I misunderstood your configuration and what you were trying to do.
The ignore_field_case setting does not affect searching for values within
string fields -- rather, it ignores the case of the field name itself when
creating new fields in the database (e.g., if you have Field('My_Field'),
the database will get a field called "my_field" -- though in your Python
code, you can refer to the field as My_Field).

You probably want:

db.mytable.myfield.ilike(some_value)

ilike is for case-*i*nsensitive like, and is a shortcut for:

db.mytable.myfield.like(some_value, case_sensitive=False)

Anthony