Ok If I understand you correctly,

I should only instantiate one Scheduler in the App and the Tasks should be
defined in the models of the plugins. ( I was instantiating a Scheduler()
in each plugin)

If I define taskA() in a model called plugin_A.py and taskB() in a model
plugin_B.py then I try to instantiate the scheduler in the App using :

from gluon.scheduler import Scheduler
Scheduler(db,dict(A=taskA,B=taskB))

I get an error in the App Model 'TaskA is not defined'

Thanks for your help.