See below:

On Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 12:22:27 AM UTC-8, Massimo Di Pierro
wrote:

> There are many reasons you should upgrade, depending on which version you
> are using now:
>
> - to help us make sure we did not break backward compatibility. If your
> existing app does not work with 2.13.4 (and it should) you give us a chance
> to fix the problem. If no, any potential incompatibility will propagate
> forward making it more difficult for us to fix it later, and more difficult
> for you to upgrade.

Looks good so far.  Limited testing of one app (the one that has the most
code, as it happens, though it isn't exactly a Massive Super Site).  Went
from 2.12.3 to 2.13.4 (on creaky old Fedora 16) and didn't see any problems
with DB (SQLite), http access, CSS, or the admin page for DBs.

(Looks like ticket display shows the version of the currently running
instance, not the version that created the ticket.)

> - to take advantage of new features. For example the awesome JWT feature
> that allows to create API tokens and use them for authentication without
> hitting the database.

I'm drooling ...

> - there is also an important security bug fix in 2.13.4 related to
> auth.settings.registration_requires_approval=True. The bug allows a newly
> registered user to bypass the approval process and approve himself/herself.
> Under come conditions. This is now fixed.

Not using this yet, so untested.

I have the Windders version downloaded, but haven't deployed it ... I was
going to, because that's an even smaller app, but didn't get there before
wandering away aimlessly.

I will mention any issues should I encounter any.

Thanks Massimo, Niphlod, Anthony, and the others!

/dps