Seems to be little overkill with all that code in the view! lol. Anyway,
here is the app that demonstrate the conflict.

Model:
db.define_table('mytable',
                Field('name', type='list:string', requires=IS_IN_SET
(('True','False', 'Neither'), multiple=True)))

*View (default/main_page.html):*
{{extend 'layout.html'}}

<h1>
{{=BUTTON( 'Apply',_type="button",_class = "btn btn-default",_onclick="""
$('#cont_id').modal('show')   """)}}
    Apply to see the modal
</h1>
{{=main_pg}}

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  var uploader = new qq.FileUploader({
        // pass the dom node (ex. jQuery(selector)[0] for jQuery users)
        element: document.getElementById('project-file-uploader'),
        // path to server-side upload script
        action: '{{=URL("upload_callback")}}/{{=request.args(0)}}',
        sizeLimit: 150000000,
        minSizeLimit: 0,
        allowedExtensions: ['xls','jpg', 'jpeg', 'pdf',
'txt','doc','htm','html','xml','xmls', 'txt','ppt','png', 'gif'],
        // set to true to output server response to console
        debug: true,

        // events
        // you can return false to abort submit
        onSubmit: function(id, fileName){},
        onProgress: function(id, fileName, loaded, total){},
        onComplete: function(id, fileName, responseJSON){},
        onCancel: function(id, fileName){},

        messages: {
            // error messages, see qq.FileUploaderBasic for content
            typeError: "{file} {{=T('has invalid extension.')}}
{{=T('Only')}} {extensions} {{=T('are allowed.')}}",
            sizeError: "{file} {{=T('is too large, maximum file size is')}}
{sizeLimit}.",
            minSizeError: "{file} {{=T('is too small, minimum file size
is')}} {minSizeLimit}.",
            emptyError: "{file} {{=T('is empty, please select files again
without it.')}}",
            onLeave: "{{=T('The files are being uploaded, if you leave now
the upload will be cancelled.')}}"
        },
        showMessage: function(message){ alert(message); }
    });
    });
</script>

*Controller*:

def modal_content():
    form = SQLFORM(db.mytable) # or even form = SQLFORM.grid(...)
    return dict(form=form)

def main_page():
    main_pg=DIV('')
    #show_modal_btn = BUTTON( 'Show modal',_type="button",_class = "btn
btn-default",_onclick=""" $('#cont_id').modal('show')   """)
    form = LOAD(f='modal_content.load', ajax=True, ajax_trap=True  )
    dialog = modal_wrapper(form, _id='cont_id', header='Header',
footer='footer')
    #don't forget to add dialog and show_modal_btn to main page
    #main_pg.append(show_modal_btn)   # or main_pg.append(
DIV(show_modal_btn)  ) or something else
    main_pg.append(dialog)
    #main_pg.append(show_modal_btn)
    return dict(main_pg = main_pg)

def modal_wrapper(content, _id, header='', footer=''):

    main_wrap = DIV('',  _class="modal fade",  _role="dialog", _id=_id,
_tabindex="-1" )
    title_id = _id + '_title'
    main_wrap['_aria-labelledby']=title_id

    dialog_div=DIV('', _class="modal-dialog" , _role="document")
    content_div=DIV('', _class="modal-content")
    header_div = DIV( _class="modal-header")

    close_cross = BUTTON(
                        SPAN(XML('&times'), **{'_aria-hidden':"true"}),
                        _type="button",  _class="close",
                         data={'dismiss':"modal"},
                         **{'_aria-label':"Close"}
                         )
    title_h4 = H4( header,  _class="modal-title",  _id = title_id)
    body_div = DIV( content, _class="modal-body")

    close_btn = BUTTON('Close',  _type="button", _class="btn btn-default",
data={'dismiss':"modal"})
    footer_div =  DIV( footer, close_btn, _class="modal-footer")

    # gluon all
    main_wrap[0] = dialog_div
    dialog_div[0] = content_div

    header_div.append(close_cross)
    header_div.append(title_h4)

    [content_div.append(c) for c in (header_div, body_div, footer_div)]
    return main_wrap