I assume calling the iterator changes some internal state in the C
implementation of the dict which is then processed by cPickle. Therefor the
current method to get the hash value from the pickled session and compare
this hash if the session has changed is not optimal.

One possible fix would be to use pickle instead of cPickle but I assume
this is much slower. Another solution could be to use a different way to
calculate the session hash. Any thoughts?