It doesn't seem like anyone else has run into this particular issue before.
 I have an SQLFORM grid that is allowing my staff members on our website to
add links to their profile upon the crew page.  An example is mine
at https://www.nightwave.me/crew?member=VinylDarkscratch
However, I found out that SQLFORM.grid does not take a *fields* parameter
like normal SQLFORM does, and as such staff members have access to edit
fields they should not be able to, such as the user ID.  So, I attempted to
set a default for the fields, in the controller function, to be the value
that I'd like it to be, however I had gotten the following error:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/restricted.py", line 227, in
restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File
"/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/applications/nightwave/controllers/default.py"
 <https://www.nightwave.me/admin/edit/nightwave/controllers/default.py>, line
294, in <module>
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/globals.py", line 412, in
<lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/tools.py", line 3774, in f
    return action(*a, **b)
  File
"/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/applications/nightwave/controllers/default.py"
 <https://www.nightwave.me/admin/edit/nightwave/controllers/default.py>, line
68, in submit_bio_links
    linkform = SQLFORM.grid((db.user_links.user_id == auth.user.id))
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/sqlhtml.py", line 2264, in grid
    onsuccess=oncreate)
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/html.py", line 2301, in process
    self.validate(**kwargs)
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/html.py", line 2238, in validate
    if self.accepts(**kwargs):
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/sqlhtml.py", line 1711, in
accepts
    self.vars.id = self.table.insert(**fields)
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/packages/dal/pydal/objects.py",
line 712, in insert
    ret = self._db._adapter.insert(self, self._listify(fields))
  File "/home/vinyldarkscratch/nightwave/gluon/packages/dal/pydal/objects.py",
line 658, in _listify
    'Table: missing required field: %s' % name)
RuntimeError: Table: missing required field: user_id

Any suggestions on how to set a field's value in an SQLFORM.grid after
submission?