Why that for ???

for row in db(db.auth_user.first_name == db.auth_user.first_name).select():
        administrator   = row.is_manager
        first_name      = row.first_name
        last_name       = row.last_name
        nickname        = row.nickname
        email           = row.email
        address         = row.address
        postcode        = row.postcode
        city            = row.city
        country         = row.country
        website         = row.website

    # expose profile
    db.auth_user.first_name.default     = first_name
    db.auth_user.last_name.default      = last_name
    db.auth_user.nickname.default       = nickname
    db.auth_user.email.default          = email
    db.auth_user.address.default        = address
    db.auth_user.postcode.default       = postcode
    db.auth_user.city.default           = city
    db.auth_user.country.default        = country
    db.auth_user.website.default        = website

I think your problem come from there... You set a bunch of default
values... Your query doesn't make sens (in red) "db(db.auth_user.first_name
== *db.auth_user.first_name*).select()"

So you probably ends up with already defined default values so the form
doesn't pass...

Try comment all this and see if it, you don't need that anyway...

Richard