Hello Jack,

You mean you want to pass the id of the inserted record to another
controller ?

# Controller form 1
if form.process(dbio=False).accept:
    id = db.table.insert(**forms.vars)
    session.last_record_id = id

In the next controller you can access the id you store in session
# Controller form 2
session.last_record_id  # contains the previous inserted record id

Watchout as session will keep last_record_id for the during of it... So you
may need to clean it (delete last_record_id from session after second
controller complete process) to make sure you are always refering to the
proper id...

Richard