Hi

To have ldap over tls working I had to add the following lines
in gluon/contrib/login_methods/ldap_auth.py to regard the cert file:

 567     def init_ldap(

    601         if tls:
    +602             if cacert_file:
    +603                 ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT,
ldap.OPT_X_TLS_NEVER)
    +604                 ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE,
cacert_file)
    605             con.start_tls_s()

Maybe you can add this persistently in your code base so I don't have to
include this again after each upgrade of web2py?

Thank you and kind regards
Fritz