pardon me, on the first post, i've tried several times to deploy on
pythonanywhere, before i post in this group :
- using web2py 2.14.5 test deploy 1 app and 3 apps, the result is not
expected
- turn off web2py 2.14.5 on my local and switch back to 2.14.4 repeat test
deploy 1 app and 3 apps, the result is not expected

after saw your message (several hours later)
- i tested it again and it's work, perhaps the problem is on outage.

for the strange behaviour :
usually the button show working in a couple minutes (depends on the apps
deployed), yet in the 2.14.x version, the button show working just in few
seconds, yet in the pythonanywere shows nothing for the uploaded apps.
i mean in the 2.13.x version, the button text will show 'working' while the
deploying process, after it's done, the button text back to 'deploy' or
'submit'
in 2.14.x version, the button text only show 'working' only several secs
after that the button text back to 'deploy' or 'submit'
so i think it's not convinience since the user doesn't know either the
deployed is still in process or finished. to face this, the user who
deployed to pythonanywhere must open the pythonanywhere admin too, and
refresh it several times, to check the apps is deployed or not.

thanks and best regards,
stifan