I was obviously waiting for your reply only.
Ok Anthony I got what you said. But how do I get a variable through an ajax
call? Ajax only updates a tag id, right?
How do I edit this to make it work?

in controller:

def index():
    return locals()

in model:

def retimage():
    from random import randint
    i=randint(0,2)
    return URL('static','images/%d.jpg' %(i))

in view:

{{extend 'layout.html'}}
<script>
    window.setInterval(function(){
        {{getimage=retimage()}}
  document.body.style.background-image = url("{{=getimage}}");
}, 500);
</script>

I am confused on how to get a variable value though ajax calls. Please help
me on this.