you're seeing a totally normal thing: postgresql spawns a different process
for each connection.
Those processes in linux are fork()s, so even if you SEEM to notice a
skyrocket in memory utilization summing all different processes (e.g. in
"top"), in reality it's not sucking up every bit of RAM of your server.

I'm sure this is not your case, but if you see postgresql processes
comsuming memory, the leak in postgresql processes CAN'T be generated by
web2py in any circumnstance. Unless you tinkered a lot with postgresql.conf
(which is pretty conservative in all distros) you won't ever see postgresql
leaking.