are there any simple mistakes in this syntax or am I approaching it wrong?

    my_current_role_names = db(db.Role.role_owner_organization_FK ==
specificOrganizationID)._select(db.Role.role_name)
    db.Role.role_name.requires = ~db.Role.role_name.belongs(
my_current_role_names)

thanks

Alex Glaros

<type 'exceptions.Exception'> Validation error, field:role_name (NOT
(Role.role_name IN (SELECT Role.role_name FROM Role WHERE
(Role.role_owner_organization_FK = 7))))<type
'exceptions.Exception'>(Validation error, field:role_name (NOT
(Role.role_name IN (SELECT Role.role_name FROM Role WHERE
(Role.role_owner_organization_FK = 7)))))

Code listing

1862.
1863.
1864.
1865.
1866.
1867.

1868.
1869.
1870.
1871.

                    (value, errors) = validator(value)
                except:
                    import traceback
                    print traceback.format_exc()
                    msg = "Validation error, field:%s %s" % (name,validator)
                    raise Exception(msg)

                if errors is not None:
                    self.vars[name] = value
                    self.errors[name] = errors