Here have some methods to manage users arround groups:

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Authorization

Specially method :

auth.add_membership(group_id, user_id)

That add a user to the group , then you search the group, if ( business and
individual ) , then make a "if" ,checking the choice and insert.