Some times I want my applications to resize somewhere else and I do not
want all the apps in one subfolder. One reason is that may have a project
that is larger and includes a web2py application and want the whole project
under version control. The project may include a cordova app, or some other
files that do not belong to a web2py app. The project itself may contain
more than one web2py app but not web2py itself.

My solution is to simply create a symbolic link under the
web2py/applications folder.

In fact for me init is always a symbolic link to another existing app.

Massimo