Hi,

i am testing my app with Massimo's webclient. I did some requests and
everything went fine but I can't login users either with their username or
email
I use the same code as below :
I get a client.status=200 but the assert Welcome fails ?
I printed client.text and searched manually for the 'Welcome ....'. Indeed
no Welcome

In 2.0.2 it is even simpler:

    from gluon.contrib.webclient import WebClient

    client = WebClient('http://127.0.0.1:8000/welcome/default/')

    client.get('user/register')

    data = dict(first_name = 'Homer',
                last_name = 'Simpson',
                email = 'ho...@web2py.com',
                password = 'test',
                password_two = 'test',
                _formname = 'register')  # (*)
    client.post('user/register',data = data)

    data = dict(email='ho...@web2py.com',
                password='test',
                _formname = 'login')
    client.post('user/login',data = data)

    client.get('index')

    # check registration and login were successful
    assert 'Welcome Homer' in client.text

Checks automatically for persistant sessions and raises exception if sessions
break or if a web ticket is issued.
You can also do

    client.get('index')
    print client.headers
    print client.cookies # parsed as a dict
    print client.forms # dict of formname:formvalue
    print client.sessions # dict of appname:session_cookie_key
    print client.status
    print client.text