You might be right, How can I change it ?

 However running the following commands tells me that python 2.7 is the
default:

$ python --version
Python 2.7.12
----
$python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Jul  1 2016, 15:12:24)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2

----
$ sudo  update-alternatives --list python
/usr/bin/python2.7

I can try to uninstall python3 and see