On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 3:23:59 PM UTC-8, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> response from web2py controller? web2py returns bytes. It is up to you to
> put utf8 or ascii in there. web2y does not care.

Okay, I overrode the Content-Type header to remove the "charset: utf-8",
and I set enforce_ascii in the simplejson.dumps(), but I still have 50 or
so single-char objects rather than 1 hierarchical object.  I also tried
applying str() before the dumps(), without any improvement.  Since I'm
using FF's network tab, I can't see if there is any difference in the
packets, only what FF decoded the packets as.

This is a Ubuntu system (a VM); can I use tcpdump on localhost traffic?
 I'm using the Rocket server on the web2py side; the fake-source from the
Grafana people is using a js server.  (I'm not sure if Grafana itself is
using a js server, but it does have an internal server to keep track of
settings and such.)

/dps