this is far clearer.

If you want a single web2py instance to behave like that, you NEED to use
routes.py, enabling/disabling routes to the admin app inspecting the
hostname it's called in.

OR, you can just short-circuit admin adding a model file (name it
alphabetically so it gets executed before all others) preventing access
from any hostname doesn't match the one you want.