Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm this.

The web2py book (link =
http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#callbacks-on-record-insert-delete-and-update)

says:
"The return values of these callback should be None or False. If any of the
_before_* callback returns a True value it will abort the actual
insert/update/delete operation."

But my experience differs, I am comparing the value in db ("query set") and
the value I am about to insert ("fields").
CRITERION: If the "query set" is a smaller value, abort the update
operation.
So, per the instruction in the web2py book, I made it like so:
db.table._before_update.append(lambda s,f: qs(number)<f['number'])

which means the "query set" is smaller than the "fields", then, it's TRUE,
so, abort update.

But it didn't work until I switched the operator sign to make the statement
FALSE, like so:
db.table._before_update.append(lambda s,f: qs(number)>f['number'])

which means the "query set" is NOT smaller than the "fields". It would
abort update.

Am I confused about something or does the web2py book need an edit/update?

Thank you for reading!