I use this solution, not so 'beautiful' but it works.

In the layout I save the current URL like this:
{{current_url = URL(args=request.args, vars=request.get_vars)}}
I do it in the layout like that I'm sure to always doing it.

After that you can add where you need it in a link this current_url as a
var, for using it for turning back to the previous page.