Hi all,

I am very new to web2py, I am building an accounting system for internal
use and a ticketing system for end user. Below are my questions:

1) Should i create 2 web2py applications or 1 application with different
controllers to separate the access of accounting and ticketing functions?
It seems to be a deployment design question, i do want to know the pros and
cons from the experts.

2) If the recommendation is to create 2 web2py applications, I certainly
don't want to have user data (customer, staff) being stored in 2 similar
tables (auth_user with extra fields). So i tried CAS out of the web2py box
creating a CAS 'provider' application for authentication purpose only, I
could see the CAS login page
http://127.0.0.1:8000/provider/default/user/cas/login?service=http://127.0.0.1:8000/tests/default/user/login,

but when I tried to SIGN UP from LOG IN menu on top right corner, I only
could see this http://127.0.0.1:8000/provider/default/user/register. When I
tried to sign up, it went successfully, but obviously it didn't redirect me
back to the consumer page. What did I miss?

3) The ticketing application needs to implement membership / permission to
separate end user and staff access, I read some forum saying web2py CAS
doesn't send membership information between provider and consumer
applications, how should I address this requirement?

4) Any user created for the accounting / ticketing application, it should
associate with a company, so I add an extra field in db.py and an
application specific table 'customer' in db_accounting.py of consumer
'accounting' application. It didn't work with error - 'Cannot resolve
reference customer in auth_user definition', though it didn't happen when I
didn't use CAS. Any pointers and help is much appreciated.

db.define_table('customer', auth.signature) # in db_accounting.py of consumer
accounting app

auth.settings.extra_fields['auth_user']= [  # in db.py of consumer accounting
app

  Field('customer', 'reference customer')]

All the attempts and issues I encountered which makes me think whether i
should just put all the authentication, accounting and ticketing functions
in a single environment / web2py application. Apologize for the long
questions, and thanks in advance.