On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 6:40:04 AM UTC-7, John Freking wrote:

> I have used LDAP login with MS Active Directory and I added the extra
> fields for names and emails to the AUTH_USER table.
>
> [ldap_auth(mode='ad',
> manage_user=True,
> user_firstname_attrib = 'givenName',
> user_lastname_attrib = 'sn',
> user_mail_attrib = 'mail',
>
> This code works fine but I want to retrieve more fields from the LDAP

database.  Is it possible to get more than these these fields?

> Thanks,
> John

The book has a quick paragraph at
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Other-login-methods-and-login-forms>

which refers to the "documentation in the file
[webpydir]/gluon/contrib/login_methods/ldap_auth.py".
And it looks like if you scroll down to where manage_user is mentioned, you
may get some help (around line #116 in the 2.14.6 stable version).

A quick google doesn't show an answer that's specific to your question;
most of the ldap posts are about getting the connection to one or another
type of service.

/dps