On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:56:49 PM UTC-7, Mika Sjöman wrote:

> Yes I did both but I kept getting the same output no matter what I did.
>
> //Cheers

I think you need to copy the field store to a file.  That is, you do a
normal python open for a file that's going to be where you want it, and
it's write method needs to suck stuff out of the field store.  I don't know
enough about the latter to know if that's store.stream() or store.read().

After the store has been poured into the file, close the file.

/dps

> Den 14 mars 2017 00:18 skrev "Dave S" <snide...@gmail.com <javascript:>>:
>

>> On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 2:51:08 PM UTC-7, Mika Sjöman wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried that (up_file = request.vars['file[]']), but I still just get
>>> the String printed out in my console:
>>>
>>> "FieldStorage('file[]', 'mikasworld.jpg', '\xff\...base64
>>> representation of the image.
>>>

>> After you got that, did you print up_file.file and up_file.filename?
>>
>> The strange thing is that the upload seems to go all right, but it never
>>> saves the file. If I remember right, uploaded files just appears in the
>>> /upload folder once complete, but this doesn't happen here. Strange....
>>>

>> Remember that web2py likes to munge the names of the uploaded files, both
>> to avoid dangerous names and to limit
>>

>>> I am getting this ouput in my console, so for sure it upload the file
>>> and given the request.vars response, it seems like the server is accepting
>>> the upload but not saving the file. This is my output during the upload:
>>>
>>> upload progress: 19.57139819860458%
>>> ImageViewer.js:75 upload progress: 39.14279639720917%
>>> ImageViewer.js:75 upload progress: 58.71419310569763%
>>> ImageViewer.js:75 upload progress: 78.28559279441833%
>>> ImageViewer.js:75 upload progress: 97.85698652267456%