My queries on GAE Datastore are very slow. So I decided to try to fetch
everything into memory before further processing, to no avail.

For example, the following runs for 8 seconds for only 3000 items, which is
very bad because my app might have much much  more than that eventually.

        query = (db.record_text.entity == entity.id)
        result = db(query).select(db.record_text.ALL)
        values['record_text'] = {}
        for r in result:
            values['record_text'][str(r.record)] = {}
            values['record_text'][str(r.record)][str(r.field)] = r.value

I am suspecting maybe there is a problem with my indexes.

Questions:

1. When I do the query as described above, what fields is web2py really
querying on, i.e. what indexes should I have?
2. I there maybe some index required due to auth.signature being ON?

Or maybe the problem is not related to index, any other suggestion would be
welcome.