down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43705741/i-cant-submit-customized-form-with-input#>

I have a problem using input with web2py when it comes to form submission.
My code below:

db.define_table('searches',
                Field('body', 'text', requires= (IS_NOT_EMPTY(), IS_LOWER()),
                      label= ''),
                auth.signature)

def view_searches():
    user_id = request.args(0, cast=int)
    id = request.args(0, cast=int)
    body = db.searches.body
    form = SQLFORM(db.searches, formstyle='divs')
    if form.process().accepted:
        pass

        {{=form.custom.begin}}
            <input class="message_input" name="body" placeholder="Type your
message here..." />
        {{=form.custom.end}}</div>

I had the same issue with textarea and rectified with this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43303715/web2py-custom-form-doesnt-submit,>
but
it looks like i might be missing something. My database is still empty when
posting text. Please assist. Kind regards