Hi all

I'm having some problems  trying to achieve the following

I have a grid with left joins which selects a subset of entries in my
database -(query between 3 tables)

Once i get the desired result, i want to be able to set up links within the
table that then send the id from each row (MAIN table) to a seperate
function (another query between many tables).

I then want to trigger a download 'csv' file.

So far, I have managed to get this working if I use one table in the grid
 (no left joins), however when i set up left joins within the grid,i get an
'AttributeError' message. Somehow, by setting up the left joins, i loose
the main id that i  want to send to the seperate function.

Here's the code:

*Controller*

def vec_dyn_query():
    links = [lambda ids: A('Download data
set',_href=URL("default","download_dataset.csv",args=[ids.id]))]
    grid = SQLFORM.grid((db.MAIN),
                        field_id=db.MAIN.id,
                        left = [db.StudyLocation.on(db.MAIN.LocationID ==
db.StudyLocation.id), db.TAXON.on(db.MAIN.TaxonID == db.TAXON.id)],
                        links=links,
                        deletable=False, editable=False, details=False,
selectable=False, create=False, csv=False)
    return locals()

def download_dataset():
    main_id = request.args(0,cast=int)
    dataset = db(db.MAIN.id == request.args[0]).select()
    return dict(dataset=dataset)

*Views*

{{
import cStringIO
stream = cStringIO.StringIO()
dataset.export_to_csv_file(stream)
response.headers['Content-Type'] = 'text/csv'
response.write(stream.getvalue(), escape=False)
}}

Note - if i take away the 'left = [db.StudyLocation.on(db.MAIN.LocationID
== db.StudyLocation.id), db.TAXON.on(db.MAIN.TaxonID == db.TAXON.id)],'
Everything works fine

Thanks for your help in advance

Matt