About 2 months ago, did anything change in the usage of your application - more clients connecting to it, are the payloads in these connections growing in size, etc? In that case, moving to a more performant web server would help. Nginx is recommended here. Is moving to nginx, instead of the rocket server, an option that you can consider?

As an aside: this open issue in the rocket repo makes for interesting reading: https://github.com/explorigin/Rocket/issues/1

If you intend to continue with the current setup, then you may want to try some of these:

 * Do you see any further details in the /web2py/httpserver.log
 * Edit the /web2py/logging.conf , and set the logging level to DEBUG
   for web2py & rocket, and see if there are more details in the
   resulting log file.
 * Are you able to recreate the problem using some test code on your
   side ... if so please share that on the forum here. I think you
   would need the test code to try multiple things - concurrent
   requests to the server, or  POST increasingly bigger payloads, etc.

Kiran Subbaraman
http://subbaraman.wordpress.com/about/