You can get algo a row by ID by:

row = db.model_name(ID)

Where ID stand for the actual record id.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Maurice Waka <mauricew...@gmail.com> wrote:
Second option is better for me

On 4 Jan 2018 8:24 PM, "Dave S" <snidely....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 10:48:32 PM UTC-8, Maurice Waka wrote:

I have the following code for my DB:
dbmyhealth.define_table("health",
                                    Field('name', 'string'),
Field('definition', 'text', length= 1000000,), Field('abnval', 'text', length= 1000000,), Field('normval', 'text', length= 1000000,), Field('administration', 'text', length= 1000000,), Field('screening', 'text', length= 1000000,), Field('causes', 'text', length= 1000000,),
                                    migrate = False)

rows  = dbmyhealth().select(dbmyhealth.health.ALL)
for row in rows:
    location0 = row.name
    location1 = row.definition
    location2 = row.abnvalinterpret
    location3 = row.normvalinterpret
    location4 = row.administration
    location5 = row.screening
    location6 = row.causes
corpus = [location1 , location2, location3, location4, location5, location6]

I want to select an item, including all the fields from the abnval to the causes,not randomly but based on the ID or the name. If I use the limitby constraint,I can get either the first, second, or last item based on the selection used. If I use the below code, I get only the first item, which is everything based on obesity. I want to select any item with every query using either an ID or the names below e.g.
A code like:
for row in rows:
    if id == 2
        code..
corpus = [location1 , location2, location3, location4, location5, location6]....in this case my corpus will have everything on cardiomyopathy using the table details below.

id name
0. diabetes
1. hypertension
2. cardiomyopathy
3. copd
4. obesity

So how do I code it to obtain my answer
Kind regards

Wouldn't that be either of

      rows = dbmyhealth(dbmyhealth.health.id == 2).select()

or (if you were doing more with the query)

      query = dbmyhealth.health.id == 2
      rows  = dbmyhealth(query).select()

?
(I didn't put in a first() because there's only 1 row with id == 2.)

<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#Query--Set--Rows>

/dps

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "web2py-users" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/web2py/5DWqynKI_-g/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to web2py+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "web2py-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to web2py+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.