On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 4:30:57 AM UTC-5, Annet wrote:

> Thank you all for your replies,
>
> This works :
>
> table.image.uploadfolder = '/home/webapps/uploads'
>
> to upload the images into separate folders I made the following adjustment:
>
> folder = 'vertexID' + str(vertexID)
> table.image.uploadfolder = os.path.join('/home/webapps/uploads/' + folder)
>

> The problem is the image file doesn't display in the form:
>
> form = SQLFORM(table, record, deletable=True, showid=False,
>                    upload=URL('home', 'webapps', 'uploads/' + folder,
> args=request.vars.image))

web2py does not serve files by simply passing a filesystem path as a URL.
If you are not storing the files in the application's /static folder, you
must create an action within your app that serves uploaded files (see the
/default/download action in the welcome app for an example) and specify the
URL of that action as the "upload" argument.

Anthony