On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 4:51:30 PM UTC-8, Fabrizzio Abogadoc
wrote:

> I've migrated to a new server (AWS),
> ubuntu/images/hvm-ssd/ubuntu-trusty-14.04-amd64-server-20180201
> (ami-a22323d8),
>
> Last migration was around four months ago, everithing were ok, all the
> configuration server, web2py, and code it's do it by ansible playbooks, so
> there is "not possible some misconfiguration".
>
> Now, task creation inside task ( and task in general) are not working, not
> created, I could issolate the issue to some commit problem with the
> scheduler_task table.
>
> I've created some tests, for debuggin the server, I can insert in all
> tables, but, when it comes scheduler_task table, I cannot commit.

What DBS are you using?

> Definition of Scheduler and Tasks in one Model:
>
> db_scheduler = DAL(path,
>                    pool_size=20,
>                    migrate=True,
>                    fake_migrate=False)
>
> tasks = dict()
> tasks['master_updates_task'] = master_updates_task
> tasks['master_abogadoc_task'] = master_abogadoc_task
>
> scheduler = Scheduler(db_scheduler, tasks=tasks, heartbeat=3)
>
> I have a controller from where I call to Test Insertion
>
> def insert_task():
>     from datetime import date, time
>     from abogadoc import utilitario
>     import random
>
>     dia = date.today()
>     dia_str = dia.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')
>     numero = random.randint(1, 1000)
>     abogadoc_task_name = '%s_%s' % (dia_str, str(numero))
>
>     start_time = utilitario.santiago_to_utc(hora=8)
>     stop_time = utilitario.santiago_to_utc(hora=20)
>
>     scheduler.queue_task('agendar_abogadoc',
>                          task_name=abogadoc_task_name,
>                          period=cuatro_horas,
>                          timeout=treinta_min, repeats=0)
>     scheduler.queue_task('master_abogadoc_task',
>                          period=cinco_min,
>                          timeout=una_hora, repeats=0)
>     db_scheduler.commit()

That line was what I was going to suggest.  queue_task returns an ID,
doesn't it?  Do those IDs show up in the table at all?

> Also I 've other function to insert in other table one register
>
> Locally, I don have problems, can insert in any table, and scheduler task,
> but in the server, just can commit in any table but no in scheduler_task,
> i've tried, different versions of web2py (2.14, locally and server), also
> using different DBs one for code and other for scheduler, same behaviour
>
> I have the same version of Web2PY,
> Version 2.16.1-stable+timestamp.2017.11.14.05.54.25
> Server:
> Version 2.16.1-stable+timestamp.2017.11.13.23.50.07
>
> Maybe someone can give me any directon, i'm running out of ideas

Just to check the obvious, I think you're saying you can queue tasks when
not inside a task.
There may be a table-level lock involved when you're inside a task.

/dps