Please try this :

sudo apt-get install libsasl2-dev python-dev libldap2-dev libssl-dev
# setuptools should be there... I was miss leading...
sudo pip3 install python-ldap

Please provide progress as if auth_ldap.py works properly with python3 once
you install python-ldap properly under python3.

Thanks

Richard

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Richard Vézina <
ml.richard.vez...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> ml.richard.vez...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> python3-ldap -> ldap3 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python3-ldap/0.9.8.4/)
>> is not the same thing as python-ldap...
>>
>> It seems that python-ldap support python 3 :
>>
>> https://github.com/python-ldap/python-ldap
>>
>> Saddly enough, I hadn't successfully install python-ldap under python3
>> with pip3... It fails over importing setuptools issue... Setuptools is
>> installed, so I wonder what going on...
>>
>> It seems to be working with python 3.4+ : https://www.python-ldap.org/
>> en/latest/installing.html#build-prerequisites
>>
>> If you have ubuntu you can try on your side :
>>
>> sudo pip3 install -U setuptools
>> sudo pip3 install python-ldap
>>

>> It would be nice if python-ldap just works under python3 as we wouldn't
>> have to touch ldap_auth.py as python-ldap should have keep the same API
>> under python3...
>>
>> Though ldap3 seems to offer interresting progres, but I didn't try it.
>>
>> Please keep posting here your progress.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Johann Spies <johann.sp...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Version 2.16.1
>>>
>>> In python (2.7) I can do:
>>>
>>> python web2py.py -S welcome
>>> ..
>>>
>>> In [1]: from gluon.contrib.login_methods.ldap_auth import ldap_auth
>>>
>>> In [2]:
>>>
>>> But not when I use python3 (and I have python3-ldap installed).
>>>

>>> ```
>>> /home/js/web2py/gluon/custom_import.py in custom_importer(name,
>>> globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>>>     109                 import_tb = None
>>>     110
>>> --> 111     return NATIVE_IMPORTER(name, globals, locals, fromlist,
>>> level)
>>>     112
>>>     113
>>>
>>> /home/js/web2py/gluon/contrib/login_methods/ldap_auth.py in <module>()
>>>      12 except Exception as e:
>>>      13     logging.error('missing ldap, try "easy_install python-ldap"')
>>> ---> 14     raise e
>>>      15
>>>      16
>>>
>>> /home/js/web2py/gluon/contrib/login_methods/ldap_auth.py in <module>()
>>>       7 import logging
>>>       8 try:
>>> ----> 9     import ldap
>>>      10     import ldap.filter
>>>      11     ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_REFERRALS, 0)
>>>
>>> /home/js/web2py/gluon/custom_import.py in custom_importer(name,
>>> globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>>>     102                 return NATIVE_IMPORTER(name, globals, locals,
>>> fromlist, level)
>>>     103             except (ImportError, KeyError) as e3:
>>> --> 104                 raise ImportError(e1, import_tb)  # there an
>>> import error in the module
>>>     105         except Exception as e2:
>>>     106             raise  # there is an error in the module
>>>
>>> ImportError: (ImportError("Cannot import module
>>> 'applications.welcome.modules.ldap'",), <traceback object at