I wonder if we could we also make field lazy that way in context of custom
form...

I find some issue with some of my custom form where I use Field() to define
my field that will be use... This form is also dynamic, I manipulate field
visibility and lazy_option_widget() to make some field depend of other
field... The things is with data build up...
requires=IS_EMPTY_OR(IS_IN_DB(_set_, 'table.id', ...)), is loading at first
(on form load) all the records almost everything as I can't specify the id
which will be selected in the parent field the one controlling the
lazy_option controlled field (hope I am understandable)... Multiply this by
3-4 time for each lazy_option controlled field and you ends up pulling
multiple time the same records...

I would be interred in making the IS_IN_DB() triggered select occuring only
when options needed to be displayed... I guess this is a flaw in the way
lazy_option_widget() is implemented in the first place though...

Richard