I would do not perform the database check in every request (and I think
Massimo did'nt mean that :)), only during the the second (or more) attempt
to log in with the same user.

Let's say you have the X user logged in. You stored the uuid in the
auth_user.uuid field as mentioned. Then in another session there is an
attempt to log in with those same credentials. You generate a second uuid,
and validate that new uuid against the older store in the user record..

If the auth_user.uuid field is blank, there have been no session with that
user. So you proceed to log in.
If it exists, but it is different from the stored one, the user is already
logged in, so you must prevent the second one.