Hi. I'm experimenting for the first time (but I'm quite a bit old using
this amazing framework :)) storing sessions in the DB instead the
filesystem, as I always did. I'm monitoring those two behaviours and
somehow it feels (at least for me) that the DB session handling is far away
more efficient/manteinable than the filesystem session handling.

Look at this:

*When using the filesystem handling:*

1 - I go to my login form. A session file is created (for the form key I
suposse.).

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XuyY5NjIj84/WsOrJi80XoI/AAAAAAAAJNY/AeC-np_I7nwI5nEmROgdityYm1iT9C1MwCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_001.png>

2 - Then I finally log in. Another session file is created.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X8v1EkS5fVU/WsOsCi-9ydI/AAAAAAAAJNg/liAouwwWmGwn3HGJMVpm5fsKHD_b9mhAwCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_002.png>

3 - Next I log out. A new file is created or somehow "moved" or "deleted"
from the directory "165".

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ykV8jYicHYY/WsOtBvqRv2I/AAAAAAAAJNs/pX1tGT2RkOIWvPDKcImOXh3EQmd_oX-6ACLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_003.png>

4 - Next I log in again. This time my form action did not create any new
file, but a new one after the log in.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UF1sObfrZYc/WsOtq17PO9I/AAAAAAAAJN0/55bIXzkhQUEMIKdPiOuFte8mGhMA6xwSwCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_004.png>

5 - Everything is repeated again. I log out, then a new file is created.

*Now let's see the DB behaviour:*

1 - Login form. A session record is created.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QoMpV4-yUjg/WsOvRbUVP6I/AAAAAAAAJOA/M3fiTKl54AkqYjRkdvTT9vvCLuDBoZa6QCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_005.png>

2 - I log in. The same record remains, but instead, as we expect, the
unique_key is updated.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ljm82srMLEY/WsOvv9pkAFI/AAAAAAAAJOE/TXEuIIOAISEUyECO6AzbZc_5i1Kc98fNgCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_006.png>

3 - I log out. Again, the record remains and the unique_key field is
updated.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rPQY5jo7-Fk/WsOwUljKf2I/AAAAAAAAJOU/1w1KaZJnXQYYHeI4G6dliSb4rr1OBgF0QCLcBGAs/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_007.png>

Whatever I do, only one record is stored according my session origin (IP,
Browser, etc) and this remains true until my session expires or is deleted.

Maybe I'm talking nonesenses, but it is feel "better" to me, having a "true
one instance per session", using the DB, that many files/folders created
over and over again related to the same origin using the filesystem.

What I am missing here?
Is this the normal/expected behaviour when the default FS session handling
is used?
Can we consider that is more performant using the DB alternative that the
FS one?

BTW: It seems that the admin option to "cleanup" only clear the sessions
store in the filesystem, not the DB alternative.

Thanks for reading!