Hi Anthony, again, thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate
it.

El jueves, 5 de abril de 2018, 17:52:36 (UTC-3), Anthony escribió:

> On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 2:57:20 PM UTC-4, Lisandro wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Anthony, yes I'm aware of that.
>> I use it like that for this reason: sometimes (not very often) an
>> external app modifies a field of the auth_user table (specifically, it sets
>> true or false a field that I use as a flag). However that change isn't
>> updated to auth.user. In order to do so, the user needs to logout and login
>> again. So I retrieve the auth_user record again and store it to
>> response.answer.
>>
>> Maybe it could be done like this:
>> if auth.is_logged_in():
>>     auth.user = db.auth_user[auth.user.id]
>>
>> But I thought it could be break something with Auth methods, so I store
>> it in response.user.
>>

> Got it. Yeah, don't replace auth.user -- create a separate variable.
>

>> Anyway, I set this topic as "no action needed" because I opened a new
>> topic, I've found some more info and I think the issue isn't related to
>> that sentence.
>>

> But you indicated the select generated by that code was causing Postgres
> to hang. Are you sure that is the case? In other words, is the web2py code
> getting stuck at that line and ultimately causing your server to time out?
> Have you tried adding some logging statements to your code to determine
> exactly where it is getting stuck?

To be truth, I'm not exactly sure that is the line where the code hangs, I
supposed that because of the select query taking too long, but I can't be
sure.
The problem is that the incident presents sporadically, and the worst part
is that I can't reproduce it. Also, as it happens in the production server,
I can't afford to modify the app code in production, giving that I would be
making changes to an application that is used by our customers, so I'm in a
tricky situation.

I've made have plans to move sessions to Redis, but as a developer, I would
still like to understand the root cause of the issue :)

Anyway, I'll wait to the incident happens again, hoping that it happens in
an app of a "small" customer so I can do some tests.