My app has been ok with these code;

In controller:

@auth.requires_login()
def notes():
    dbhealth.health.id.readable = False
    g = SQLFORM.grid(dbhealth.health, searchable=True, csv=False,
user_signature=True, )
    return dict(form = g)........code
question = db(db.answers.author ==
auth.user.id).select(orderby=~db.answers.created_on,limitby=(2,0))
return dict(form=form, question=question)

In view:

{{for q in question:}}
{{q=XML(q.quest.replace('\n','<br>').replace('(','{').replace(')','}'),
sanitize=True)}}
{{pass}}

when I changed the login credentials to membership requirement as follows:
@auth.requires_membership('managers')
def notes():

I got this error on trying to use the app:
<type 'exceptions.NameError'> name 'q' is not defined

what could be the issue? and how can i solve it?
I hope i have given all the details needed
Kind regards