In the model file …/Models/db.py I have the following code

    *# Connect to a local postgres instance*

*    db = DAL(**"postgres://user@localhost/DBName"**)*

    *# Create some fields*

*    _name *   *= Field(**'name'**, *   *type=**'string'**, * *length=*
*'256'** )*

*    _author* * = Field(**'author'**, * *type=**'string'**, * *length=*
*'256'** )*

*    _created = Field(**'created'**, type=**'datetime'*             * )*

    *# Create a table from those fields*

*    db.define_table( **'project_common'**, _name, _author, _created )*

In the controller default.py I have the following code

    *# Connect to a local postgres instance*

*    db = DAL(**"postgres://user@localhost/DBName"**)*

*    # Insert or Update the row*

*    db.project_common.update_or_insert( * *\*

*        db.project_common.**name** == _**name**, \*

*        name        = _name, *            *\*

*        author      = _author, *          *\*

*        created     = _create, *          *\*

*        description = _description )*

But I get an error the execution of the last statement above (
*update_or_insert*) saying that  *db*  does not have an attribute
*project_common*

This feels like one of those posts where I am about to get pounded on for
something so basic.  I am new to web2py and comparing it to some other
alternatives.  Just making up silly test cases to try and experience it
before deciding what system to use.  Seems like a wonderful system that
absolutely blows away PHP development, has similarities to GAE, and
tremendous simplicity to install.  Very portable as well.  But I am
struggling with some basics of DAL.  Thanks for the help