Also, to my understanding it only log an error, it no big deal, as long as
the welcome app package is there... What we could do it to log an error
when there is actually no welcome app pacakge as it break web2py
functionality other then that as long as the welcome package is there the
only issue is that it will be out dated which is not ideal, but might be
better then having a broken app creation utility...

I open an issue..

Richard