Thanks Leonel.
I'm using PostgreSQL, so if that case isn't possible, then I think the
problem could be in the second line, where the code retrieves the record
using row.id:

row.update_record(**data)
row = db.content[row.id]  # the problem could be here
row.update_tsv()

Remember yesterday I realised the error is happening only in the apps
running with the code above, and the error is in the third line (where
apparently row is None).
If I'm not wrong, that would mean the record wasn't retrieved. But as we
know, the record exists (the previous line was executed successfully), so
maybe row.id is None, therefor row ends up being None and causing the error
at the third line. I can't say how could row.id end up being None, but I
think that would be the problem here. I've just checked the code to see if
the "id" field is updated or changed, but I didn't find anything regarding
that.

Anyway, in the next days I'll remove the fix to let only this code running:

row.update_record(**data)
row.update_tsv()

I think that is the proper and expected way.
If something goes wrong with that, I'll update this thread.

Once again I deeply thank you for your time and willingness to help!

P.S.: for the second time, I searched for a way to donate to web2py, but
I've seen a post where you explain why you don't accept donations, so I'll
try to contribute a bit more in the forum. What I have to offer is
meaningless compared to what you bring to the forum, but I'll do my best.