Web2py Version 2.17.2-stable+timestamp.2018.10.06.11.34.06
Using psycopg2
Using python2

I used CSV method to back up (export_to_csv_file) and then dump (im
port_from_csv_file) the Postgres db data to another Postgres db (let's say
v9.6 to v10), and ran the same query, same code. I actually did another
backup and dump to the same version (just using a new db) and the same
issue occurs.

The table model has a field that is a JSON field

db.define_table('modgb_torrents',
Field('jsonformat','json'),
)

The same basic query is run, and I printed the result of that field is as
follows:
For v9.6
print row.jsonformat

result:

<type 'dict'>

For v10 (I did a db dump from the db in the older version)
print row.jsonformat

result:

<type 'str'>

Kindly advice how to fix?