My code did not change, but upgrading web2py caused my Form Validation to
fail.

Older (working) version: Version 2.17.1-stable+timestamp.2018.08.05.17.57.00

New (not working) version: Version
2.17.2-stable+timestamp.2018.10.06.11.34.06

Controller Code (did not change):
def index():
    form = SQLFORM.factory(
       Field('one_field_only', 'integer')
    )

    if form.process(onvalidation=form_validation).accepted:
        response.flash = 'form accepted'
        elif form.errors:
            response.flash = 'form has errors'
        else:
            response.flash = 'please fill the form'
    return dict(form=form)

def form_validation(form):
    if form.vars.one_field_only=="":
        form.errors.one_field_only = "My custom error"
    ...more validation here...

As mentioned it worked with the older version. In the new/latest version,
the form_validation error did not work, instead it seems that web2py
generated an error message that says "Enter an integer between -2.14748e+09
and 2.14748e+09"

I need to resolve this issue, as the code is on production servers. Kindly
teach me how to bypass web2py's validators so I can use my own form
validation. Thank you very much!