Thanks Leonel,
Yes, as you comment the assignation was correct.

I managed to fix it but I do not know why yet. It must be something else,
somewhere else in the controller code (that's my guess).

I went for the following quick and dirty test and it started to work:

1) duplicate the variables stored in the session, see below:

if session.training_id is None:
        session.training_id = 0
        session.user_training_probs = []
        session.configuration_training = 0 #REMOVE: for debuggin only
        session.configuration_list = []#REMOVE: for debuggin only

session.training_id = training_id
session.user_training_probs = list(set([r.problem  for r in rows]))#remove
duplicates
    session.configuration_training = training_id#REMOVE: for debuggin only
    session.configuration_list = list(set([r.problem  for r in
rows]))#REMOVE: for debuggin only

2) check that the new ones were correctly updated
3) replace the session variables used in views and controllers ( from
training_id and user_training_probs to configuration_training and
configuration_list)

I'll keep on seeking for the problem.
Regards, Jon.