I don't think so, because the symlink has the same permissions (also owner)
of the other symlinks that are compiled properly. Anyway, I tried to set
777 permissions but it didn't work.

I forgot to mention that *symlinked views are compiled properly when the
symlink points directly to a file*, for example:
views/test.html --> *symlink to external file*

... is properly compiled to this:
compiled/views.test.html.pyc

*It appears that the problem is when the symlink points to a folder *which
contains the html files.

I've taken a look at the source code of compile_views()
<https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/e637b6b58ab3dfc6a9cc79ca8618c37a434ec31c/gluon/compileapp.py#L479>

but I'm not that much experienced so I couldn't say why it doesn't follow
symlinked folders :/