I had a look at xhtml2pdf and I am not sure how to implement it in my
web2py application.

Do you save the PDF as a file or output it to the browser?

Do you use the html generated by the web2py view and have the function
calls in a view or do you generate the HTML another way in a controller
function?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/CAMiH80yfJpjGbcCDBGdg5pBKNq8JB_6M%3DvUfgVz80DJ2qmHKeg%40mail.gmail.com.