I am loading a component with LOAD. the component has the form on it. the
form is submitting via post method.

request.post_vars is empty. the variables don't go through.

when I copy the same very code and pasting it in the view (i.e. instead of
the LOAD component - while taking the LOAD line out) - with not even a
single change, just copy and paste -
request.post_vars is correct - filled with whichever parameters are coming
from the form.

is this a feature or a bug? :)

is there something subtle I am missing about those components? I've tried
both - loading the component with ajax true and ajax false - same thing.
And the same thing happens when I tried to submit with get method.

Other than not having vars set - everything else functions right. The form
is submitted...

Any ideas?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/c5a44849-c79a-4718-a211-3782936fa58e%40googlegroups.com.