Similar question, but maybe simpler?

I have a table name which, for various reasons, isn't very human reader
friendly (crowner). I'd like to add a table attribute (e.g. print_name =
'Copyright Owners') to be used for table display instead of the table name
itself
Does that mean db.table._extra = {'print_name' : 'Copyright Owners'} or ???
If so, how do I access that attribute? db.table.['print_name'] ???
Thanks