Hi there! I'm using this version of web2py: Version
2.17.1-stable+timestamp.2018.08.06.01.02.56
I recently moved to Python 3 and I've found this issue. When I try to do
this:

from gluon.contrib import simplejson

... I receive this error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'decoder'

This is the full traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/custom_import.py", line 98, in
custom_importer
    return base_importer(pname, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
'applications.webmedios.modules.decoder'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/custom_import.py", line 102, in
custom_importer
    return NATIVE_IMPORTER(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'decoder'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/restricted.py", line 219, in
restricted
    exec(ccode, environment)
  File
"/home/gonguinguen/medios/applications/webmedios/controllers/admin.py",
line 696, in <module>
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/globals.py", line 421, in <lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File
"/home/gonguinguen/medios/applications/webmedios/controllers/admin.py",
line 693, in test
    from gluon.contrib import simplejson
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/custom_import.py", line 111, in
custom_importer
    return NATIVE_IMPORTER(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/contrib/simplejson/__init__.py",
line 111, in <module>
    from decoder import JSONDecoder, JSONDecodeError
  File "/home/gonguinguen/medios/gluon/custom_import.py", line 104, in
custom_importer
    raise ImportError(e1, import_tb)  # there an import error in the module
ImportError: (ModuleNotFoundError("No module named
'applications.webmedios.modules.decoder'",), <traceback object at
0x7f6add36a308>)

Should I install simplejson directly to my virtualenv and avoid using the
one provided by web2py?