python3 -m pip install --upgrade py4web
py4web-start apps

Entered my password

Went to http://127.0.0.1:8000/_dashboard

I am asked for a password - no matter what I do, I can't get past this page.

At first I was getting this error:

ERROR:root:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jim/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/py4web/core.py", line
473, in wrapper
    ret = func(*func_args, **func_kwargs)
  File "/home/jim/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/py4web/core.py", line
439, in wrapper
    ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "apps/_dashboard/__init__.py", line 56, in login
    valid = password and CRYPT()(password)[0] == os.environ[
'PY4WEB_PASSWORD']
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 679, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key) from None
KeyError: 'PY4WEB_PASSWORD'

I created the environment variable and stored my plain text password
there.  Now this error is gone, but still not working.

I can see that password.txt was created in the directory from which I
initiated the py4web-start command.

I restart py4web and the password still doesn't work.

I deleted password.txt and restarted - was asked for the password and I
entered it.

Still no luck.

I've had py4web running successfully in the past.  Just now sure what has
happened now that is preventing me from logging in.

-Jim